This is a natural sapphire with a deep-yellow color, its measurements are 4.68 x 4.59 x 3.25mm, its shape is cushion-cut. This gemstone is from Tanzania and has a finished weight of 0.69ct. The clarity of this yellow Sapphire is graded as VVS, which stands for “Very, Very Slightly Included” under 10 x magnification. This Sapphire has been heated with the addition of beryllium in order to enhance its color. This is considered a safe gemstone treatment.
If you are new to Gem collecting and would like to learn some of the basics about Sapphires we recommend reading our blog post “What is a Sapphire?” or if you need some help figuring out how to start a Fancy Sapphire Gem Collection we recommend reading “Gem Collecting: Fancy Sapphires”
- This gemstone was mined in Songea. The Songea is a region and mining location in Tanzania that is known to produce blue, yellow, green, pink, and purple sapphires, and rarely rubies.
- VVS is one of the best clarity gradings available. This gemstone is graded VVS.
- It comes with its own storage container that is perfect for gem collectors.
- The gem comes with paper work.
- Type: Sapphire
- Weight: 0.69 ct
- Size: 4.7 x 4.6 x 3.3mm
- Shape: Cushion – Cut
- Color: Deep Yellow
- Clarity: VVS GemStone Cuts & Clarity Scale
- Treatment: Be Heated
- Origin: Tanzania/Songea